We are delighted to add yet another facet to our extensive lists of client services exclusively for Bowcliffe Hall residents and clients.
Pilates classes will now run every Tuesday lunchtime from 12.30 – 1.30pm in Room 16. These classes cater for all ages and abilities; so don’t be afraid if you’ve never tried Pilates before!
The Bowcliffe Pilates classes are run by Kate Sellars, a fully qualified and insured Pilates teacher and a member of the Body Control Pilates Association and Back Care Charity. Kate is a brilliant teacher and motivator, so for those of you wishing to try something new or looking for an increased sense of wellbeing, improved posture, muscle tone and balance amongst other things.
Classes are £48 for six sessions. To register interest or book please email Karen Smailes
Want some more information?
Central to Kate’s classes is ‘awareness of your own body’’, so each and every exercise is built around eight basic principles:
- flowing movement
Pilates is regarded as fantastic workout for lots of different reason, some of which are noted below:
- it is designed so that anyone can do it
- improves your posture
- increases muscle tone, length and flexibility
- improves your core strength
- increases flexibility in the spine and aids pelvis and shoulder stabilisation
- increases mobility and strength and therefore improves joint health
- relieves stress and tension
- promotes a feeling of well-being
- integrates mind, body and spirit.
- increases lung capacity and improves circulation
- increases body awareness (proprioception)
- aids physical rehabilitation
- alleviates aches and pains
- provides safe and beneficial exercises for a range of medical conditions, including Scoliosis, Osteoporosis, Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis
- improves balance and co-ordination
- can improve bone density
- safe and excellent form of exercise for pre and post natal women
- complements training for athletes and other sports or exercise
- increases stamina at advanced level
- recommended by medical professionals (Doctors, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths
Look forward to seeing you there!