– Do you have a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience?
– Are you a team player, with superb attention to detail?
– Could you be Bayford Group’s new Events Operations Manager?
Bayford Group boasts two key locations in Yorkshire:
– The Yorke Arms, a luxury country house for hire in the Yorkshire Dales (5 miles from Pateley Bridge).
– Bowcliffe Hall, a meeting and events space with a stately home feel and home to the multi-award winning ‘Blackburn Wing’ and the exclusive Bowcliffe Drivers’ Club (located in Bramham, 4 miles from Wetherby).
We are looking for an individual with demonstrable operational experience in hospitality and events to oversee our Events Operations Team. From marquee weddings and car rallies to small corporate functions this role will offer variety and experience across a range of different events. No two days are the same.
– Overseeing the day-to-day delivery of meetings, conferences and events.
– Work with Event Co-ordinators and Hospitality Sales Manager to deliver all event types to the highest standards.
– Maintain exceptional levels of Guest/Member service
– Ensure Compliance to brand standards.
– Responsible for staffing events including management of casual and agency staff.
– Training and development of the Events Ops team
– Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to costs
– Ensure the timely and accurate cash handling/reconciliation procedures are implemented
– Set departmental objectives
– Formulate, plan and authorise work patterns with Hospitality Sales Manager.
– Implement policies and procedures to drive process simplicity and accuracy
– Undertake monthly stocktake and input.
– Stock management including rotation and ordering.
– Drive team members to maximise sales and revenue
– Ensure communication meetings are conducted pre and post Events with a focus on continuous improvement
– Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
– Ensure events spaces are always maintained to a high standard, set up of all events ready for show rounds, events and returning the business areas back to working order after an event.
– Minimum of 3 years operational event management experience and managerial experience in leading teams
– Wedding/Events experience
– First-hand experience in a Premium/Luxury hospitality environment
– Previous experience in developing, developing and owning a departmental plan with sales and profit targets
– Experience in managing third Party suppliers
– Budget planning and delivery
– Team player
– Excellent time management
– Highly organised
– Strong communication skills
– Target driven
– Willing and able to work in both locations
Full time (42.5 hours)
As required, evening and weekend working are integral to the successful fulfilment of the role
IT literate, strong working knowledge of Microsoft Packages
Full Driving License (as travelling will be required)
Please note we do not provide live in accommodation, however for shifts at The Yorke Arms overnight accommodation is available if required.
Please apply through the button below by attaching your CV and cover letter.