The term “Bowcliffe Hall” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is, Bayford & Co, Bowcliffe Hall, Bramham, Wetherby, LS23 6LP. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Bowcliffe’s prior written consent.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE- MEETINGS & EVENTS
1. All bookings made in respect of Bowcliffe Hall are accepted by Bowcliffe Hall(“BH”) upon the following conditions which shall form the contract between BH and the person(s), firm or company booking the Hall (“the Hirer”)
2. Upon receipt of a booking BH will hold the booking for 14 days pending receipt of a deposit and a completed booking form. If such are not received within this time limit BH reserves the right to release the provisional booking and hire the Hall elsewhere. If booking form and deposit are received as requested BH will issue confirmation of booking. The balance of the Hall or Blackburn Wing ( BW)hire charge is due within 14 days of the issue of such confirmation. Should such balance not be received within this time limit BH again reserves the right to release the booking and hire the Hall or BW elsewhere.
3. In the event of cancellation by the Hirer BH will retain all sums paid by the Hirer in the first instance and will endeavour to re-let the Hall or BW. In the event that BH is not able to mitigate its loss at all or in full the sums previously paid by the Hirer will be used in full or in part to compensate BH for its losses. Should such sums be insufficient to compensate BH for its losses the Hirer will promptly pay any remaining losses to BH.
4. Where for reasons beyond the reasonable control of BH including but not limited to fire, flood, damage and loss of utilities BH cannot proceed with the Hirer’s booking all sums previously paid by the hirer will be returned. BH accepts no further liability to the Hirer for any loss, cost or expense suffered by the Hirer.
5. All catering arrangements must be made through resident caterers Bowcliffe Dining (BD)
6. Damage to the Hall. The Hirer is to take good care of and not cause damage to the Hall or BW or their contents. A Good Housekeeping Bond of £150 is to be paid in cash or bank transfer for before an event, to be held against any damage or excessive cleaning by any act of the Hirer or anyone for whom the Hirer is responsible or has permitted to enter the Hall, this includes smoking outside the designated areas. Should the costs of the damage exceed £150 the Hirer will be expected to make good and pay forthwith any outstanding charges. You are advised to effect your own Public Liability Insurance for your event.
7. Fire and Safety The Hall is fitted with a manually operated fire alarm system which is activated by a ‘Break Glass’ panel. Public safety is of paramount importance and your assistance, as the hirer responsible for the event, would be appreciated. Should the alarm be activated then the Hall is to be evacuated immediately and guests must leave the Hall by the nearest exit walking calmly and slowly.
The emergency exits are clearly marked and are situated as follows:
The Hall Main entrance
Bowcliffe Room via the Terrace Doors
The Morning Room via the Garden Door
The Drivers’ Club via the Terrace Doors
The Blackburn Wing via the main exit.
On your arrival you are asked to spend a few moments to locate exits. In the interests of safety you are asked to arrange for 2 or 3 of your fellow guests to do the same so that they can assist in the unlikely event of an emergency.
The assembly point of evacuation is: The car park
8. Parking. Bowcliffe has a large, free car park. All cars are parked at the owners risk.
9. Music is permitted at the Hall and in The Blackburn Wing
10. Noise Whilst we are not in a residential area, we would ask you and your guests to make very effort not to disturb the area, particularly when leaving the Hall.
11. Fireworks are permitted at BH with prior permission, Chinese Lanterns are NOT permitted in any circumstance.
12. Children will only be allowed on the premises if accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult. That adult is expected to supervise the children in question at all times.
13. Right to refuse admission. BH reserves the right to refuse admission to the Hall or exclude from it all persons who are causing a disturbance or who are about to do so.
Tickets and Box Office
When you purchase a ticket via bowcliffehall.co.uk or directly from our Box Office you agree to the terms and conditions of sale, set out below:
1.Tickets cannot be exchanged or replaced if lost or stolen.
2.The face value of event tickets will only be refunded in the case of cancellation by the promoter. The refund will include any postage paid but will not include the booking fee.
3.Please check specific ticket and/or event details for food/drink/seating restrictions.
4.Although we update our website regularly all online bookings are subject to availability and must be made 24 hours in advance of the event.
5.Tickets for some events may be available less than 24 hours in advance from the Events Team on 01937 541111.
6.For your security we protect your details when we process your order and do not hold any of your credit card details.
7. Unlawful resale or attempted unlawful resale of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
8. All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
9. Visitors are reminded that for technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Bowcliffe Hall reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
10. Bowcliffe Hall reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission or to remove from Bowcliffe any visitor.
11. Bowcliffe Hall accepts no responsibility for any personal property.
12. Photography is allowed for non-commercial private use only.
13. All complaints and disputes are to be directed to Bowcliffe Hall, in writing at Bowcliffe Hall, Bramham, Wetherby, Leeds, LS23 6LP.